Photo Credit: Erin Bareham

Friday, September 19, 2008

I haven't abandoned this project...

Perhaps I need more accountablility. Perhaps not. Some days I just want to get on here and blog. I don't. I'm also hoping to work with a photographer to get some of my ideas out there, but in a different way. Visually I guess. I need to find someone willing to have fun and go on my tangents. I'd also love to get some music up here too.

Some days I think I don't blog because I doubt I have beauty at all. I know that isn't true. All women do. All human's do really. Let me explain. I've always thought nature beautiful. Even the distructive ugly parts (like one animal eating another). So I believe all humans should be beautiful... but how are humans part of nature? Well that is the biggest disconnect nowadays it seems. You see, I think humans are just animals. I remember hearing the head of Restoring Eden (an environmental group in the US) Peter Illyn talking. He is an amazing speaker. I remember hearing him talking about many things, but he was talking about some boys at the zoo. One of them said to the other "Dude, look at the animals!" Peter piped in, "Dude, you ARE animals." I just LOVED that picture. Anyhow. I believe I'm part of nature. As much as I don't feel like it (and live in a city that is a palace of concrete), I am there. To me, all nature is beautiful, so I must be too, even if I don't see it. Wow what a tangent.

I've also had a lot of conversations with people that maybe I should write about... For example a friend recently who is a wonderful single dad raising to gorgeous young girls... some of his comments had me thinking, and I might interview him for this. I guess I need to dedicate more time to this! Maybe in doing so I'll learn to love myself for the beauty that is seen on the outside and seen in my heart.

"Learning to love onself is the begining of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

No comments: